Great rehearsals last night! We’re making steady progress towards Christmas recording in Dec 5th from 9-12 am. Keep working on and listening to your Christmas music.
Special note!! Because of the Family Wonderful Wednesday event on October 28th, we need to alter our rehearsal schedule. Orchestra will be from 6-7 and choir from 7-8.
Thanksgiving Service on Wednesday the 18th at 7 p.m. Orchestra and Praise Team will lead. The service will be livestreamed but no choir or orchestra rehearsals that night.
CHOIR VOICED ENHANCED CDS and Regular CDs are available!! See me for your physical copy if you want one.
CIC 2020 STUFF
Link to all things CIC 2020 related: Christmas at Ivy Creek 2020
CIC will be a digital only offering. I’m a list guy so I’ll fill you in on the details thus far in list format:
- We will use a few songs from last year in our recording: The Glory Divine Overture (orch) with Ring the Bells, Jesus What a Wonderful Child, and Mary, Did You Know. Stephen has already “lifted” those songs out of our recording from last year.
- We will revisit and record live two songs we did three years ago: Adore (one of my favorites) and A Cradle in the Shadow of a Cross.
- Choir, we will learn two brand new Christmas songs (look for the audio links on the CIC 2020 tab on our blog): All Creation Sing (Sing Joy) and Glorious Wonder.
- Orchestra will learn one new feature this year–an awesome and fun arrangement of “Sing We Now of Christmas.” Everyone should listen to this song-it’s fun.
- My plan is for us to rehearse all of these tunes during the month of October and November and record from 9-12 on Saturday, December 5th.
- We WILL NOT have rehearsals on Wednesdays November 18th or 25th.
- What to wear for the recording—we’re not going to wear our formal outfits. Let’s go with Christmas colors (sweaters or at least red, green, silver, gold, blue types of things). Let’s make it festive.
Thanks for getting on board with the strangeness of it all and allowing me to take a different approach than we all would’ve liked. To me, this is the best way to keep all of us involved and participate.
One final note! I’m not opposed (as in all CICs before) to having guests come and sing with us for this event. OR play (if they play an instrument we need!) I have room for 95 singers and I’d love to have that many sing to fill out the sound and help us balance our orchestra. Short term commitment is fine for this event, but let me know as soon as you can. The converse is true, if you know you’ll not be able to sing or play on the 5th, let me know as well.